As we are down to our last year at this duty station, I’ve decided to become intentional about marking off items on our Georgia Bucket List. Getting to see parts of the country (and world) is one of my favorite perks of military life and we have lots left to see as our time winds down here.
Over the weekend, I took our girls and a friend of theirs to see The Jungle Book. This was our second trip to the nearby drive-in movie theater. And we hope to go back again this summer.
Here’s what I love about The Big Mo:
- You are essentially taking an entire evening to enjoy the experience.
- It’s only about a 45 minute drive from Augusta.
- You have to get there early to ensure a parking spot.
- This means you get some great chill time while you wait for the move to start.
- Bring a card game or just people watch. The time goes by quickly.
- You can bring your own snacks or buy concessions there. They even have pizza.
- Admission is a steal compared to a regular theater. ($8 for adults, $4 for kids)
- Does it get better than lounging on pillows & blankets while you watch a movie?
If you are in the Augusta or Columbia areas (Fort Gordon or Fort Jackson), The Big Mo is a must to add to your list of summer, outdoor fun.